First Haunted Velo Run
Following the route taken by Pendle witches after their arrest in 1612. Only on bicycles...
Roughly 35 miles
Start: Clarion House Tea Room - Newchurch in Pendle (1pm)
Finish: Whittle Springs (The Golden Lion), Moor Lane, Lancaster (4pm-ish)
Map: See below
Climbing over some heavy hills and riding through heavy scenery via the Trough of Bowland, the route ends at the city of Lancaster. More acurately, the pub where the condemned witches took their last drinks before being hanged by the necks for their bullshit crimes.
But let's not dwell on the injustices of the past, or ruminate on how our sisters are still being persecuted today by the direct descendants of the 17th Century landed gentry. Because in the pub there will be music and ale and the resting of tired limbs (there may even be spud pie and peas, if I can get it together).
- Opportunistic pub stops
- Zero competitiveness (unless you fancy your chances)
- Well - do you, punk?
- No entry charges
- No Prizes
- No charitable imperative
- Beer money
- Some spares
- A sense of adventure
- A bike made from steel
- Whatever the fuck you feel is right
- See - A Sunday in Hell, Blood on Satan's Claw, 2-Lane Blacktop, Whistle Down the Wind, This Sporting Life, Weekend, If...
- Hear - Pentangle, Bo Hansson, Colgen World, Walter Wegmuller, Woodcraft Folk, Amon Duul II, Tractor, Agitation Free, Caravan, Dando Shaft, Myrna Townsend
- Taste - Porridge, Pies, Blackpuddings, Sweat and Tears
- Feel - Elated, Exhausted, Righteous, & Wrong
- Smell - Freedom
View Halloween Hack in a larger map